We are doing everything we possibly can to slow the spread of viruses and keep our schools open. Please know that at this time, there is no presumptive case in our school or district. What’s happening today is unlike anything we’ve ever experienced in public education, and we are working quickly to make determinations. In accordance with new guidance from Governor Brown and recommendations from our local health authorities, all activities this evening are canceled. At this time, it is unknown if these events will be rescheduled; however, as we continue to work with our local and state partners, we will continue to keep you notified as decisions are made.
What else does it mean for us? Right now, the following is in effect until April 10, but could extend further if guidance changes:
- All non-essential group gatherings such as parent club meetings and school assemblies are canceled.
- All in-person parent-teacher conferences are canceled, instead we will have phone conferences at your scheduled time.
- We cannot allow audiences at any concert. We are looking at rescheduling or exploring options like Facebook Live.
- After school programs like Boys and Girls Club and SKEF can continue.
- After school clubs can continue but without spectators.
- IEP meetings will continue, but should be done via videoconferencing or phone to the extent possible.
- All field trips are cancelled. We will try to reschedule.
- Band and orchestra practice can continue.
We know more questions will come up, and we’ll answer those as quickly as possible. Be sure to check out the district’s newsletters and social media channels for up-to-date information about operations.