The purpose of the school-parent compact is to communicate
a common understanding of school and home responsibilities
to assure that every student attains high standards and a quality education.
- Provide a safe and healthy school environment that promotes learning.
- Provide a quality, standards based curriculum.
- Provide quality instruction by highly qualified staff.
- Assign meaningful assignments and activities to promote student success.
- Respect cultural, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic differences.
- Frequently report to parents about students’ academic progress during at least one individual conference in the fall or spring.
- Provide individual progress reports to parents in November, March, and June.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff about student concerns.
- Encourage positive attitudes toward school.
- Set aside a specific time in a quiet place to do homework.
- Look over homework assignments to check for understanding.
- Sign and return all papers that require a parent or guardian’s signature.
- Arrive to school on time and require regular school attendance (95% or higher).
- Attend parent teacher conferences and other school functions.
- Contact teachers when questions or concerns arise.
- Respect the personal rights of others.
- Update family information as needed with the school office.
- Ask the teacher any questions about schoolwork and homework.
- Take home materials and information needed to complete assignments.
- Complete homework in a thorough, legible and timely manner.
- Return signed forms needed at school.
- SOAR – Be Safe, On task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- Attend school regularly (95% or higher), arrive on time, and be well rested.
- Read RAH minutes each day (see RAH chart) and sign minutes chart.